We Are Here To Help You in Diverse Areas Of Your Legal Needs.

Legal Services in Calgary Giving Clients a Positive Outlook for the Future


In today’s world of uncertainty, it is more important than ever to protect your personal and business interests. For this reason, individuals businesses facing legal challenges or those who want to prepare for the future should always have a skilled lawyer on their side or require legal assistance in respect of a transaction.

Any type of law, whether it is real estate law, business law, wills and estate planning, child welfare, immigration, personal injury, can be confusing and challenging to navigate independently. Regardless of how simple a task may look at first, complications can arise. By seeking a lawyer to help you with your matter, you can avoid interruptions or challenges that can slow your progress down.

JK Law has extensive experience representing clients in a wide range of legal matters, including real estate transactions, business law, immigration law, personal injury law, wills and estate planning, and child welfare. We are skilled at finding creative solutions for legal issues of all shapes and sizes. If you would like more information about the legal services we can provide, contact our Calgary, Alberta, law firm and ask to schedule a consultation to discuss your needs.


What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer?


Navigating the complexities of legal matters can be daunting and emotionally taxing. Hiring a lawyer offers peace of mind, ensuring that your rights and interests are expertly protected. Whether you’re drafting a will, recovering from a personal injury, navigating immigration processes, defending a child welfare application in court, managing real estate transactions, or handling business legalities, a lawyer is your advocate, guide, and protector. Here are the areas where our lawyers provide invaluable support:

  • Wills and Estates: Secure your legacy and provide for your loved ones with clear, legally sound estate planning
  • Personal Injury: Get the compensation and justice you deserve in times of vulnerability
  • Immigration: Navigate the complexities of immigration law with compassionate and gifted guidance
  • Child Welfare: Assistance with defense to a child welfare application by Children and Family Services be it Permanent Guardianship Order, Temporary Guardianship Order or Supervision Order applications
  • Real Estate Law: Ensure your real estate transactions are smooth, secure, and legally compliant
  • Business Law: Safeguard your business interests, from startup regulations to corporate governance and agreements

Our lawyers are committed to delivering not just legal service but also empathizing and understanding your situation, recognizing that behind every case is a human story.

Client Success Stories

What Type of Experience Does Your Law Firm Offer Its Clients?

Our law firm is proud of the extremely professional and high-quality legal service that we offer to clients. In addition to our real estate lawyers, our professional team has over 30 years of combined experience in corporate and commercial law, wills and estate planning including probate, immigration, child welfare, and personal injury law.

For example, many clients come to us and want wills drawn up so they can provide for their families after they pass away. However, most people are still determining what legal aspects may be involved in creating a will, especially if they have blended families. However, our law firm’s experience helps clients focus on their families and ensure that their final wishes will be fulfilled.

Because of the experience that our lawyers possess in multiple practice areas, our law firm can offer a higher level of service that other firms simply cannot offer immigration. If you have real estate, wills and estate, business, family law, or other legal questions, contact JK Law of Calgary and ask to schedule a consultation.

Meet Our Team

Can I Count On Your Law Firm to Offer Quality Legal Services?

Our law firm is a bastion of legal excellence and integrity, dedicated to turning the course of your situation in your favor, regardless of the complexity of your case. We are skilled in a diverse range of legal fields, including real estate law, business law, wills and estate planning, child welfare, immigration, personal injury, ensuring a comprehensive approach to your legal needs. We base our service on an empathetic and client-based approach. This means that you won’t get copy-and-pasted legal strategies and advice.

We customize our services to fit your unique circumstances, ensuring that each strategy is meticulously tailored to meet your specific legal needs. At the heart of our practice is a commitment to understanding and prioritizing your needs. We believe in building a relationship with you, one where your concerns are heard, and your goals are the focal point of our strategy. If you are interested in becoming a new client or would like to learn more about the services our law firm can provide, contact our law office immediately. We will gladly schedule an appointment with a qualified legal team member who can review your legal needs.

Why Choose Us?
  • Reputation For Excellence: Our law firm has a proven track record of successfully handling many aspects of real estate law, business law, wills and estate planning, child welfare, immigration, personal injury, and other legal issues. Our dedication to our clients consistently brings them back for all their legal matters and gives us a definite advantage over other law firms.
  • Experience and Reliability: Our lawyers have a combined thirty years of experience, which they use to help clients resolve their legal issues. Our lawyers use their legal knowledge to find innovative solutions to problems. When clients choose us to represent them, they can be assured their cases will be handled with a high level of professionalism.
  • Personalized Service: JK Law is a law firm passionately committed to ensuring our client’s needs are addressed. We strive never to make our clients feel like they are just a number. Instead, our legal team works diligently to foster a robust lawyer-client relationship by establishing trust with those who choose us for their legal needs.
  • Honest Evaluations: JK Law is unlike other law firms that do not follow the same rules and charge clients for services they cannot ultimately provide. Instead, when a client comes to us with a legal matter, we will review their case and present them with an honest evaluation, saving them precious time and money.
  • Courteous and Friendly: Our legal team strives to treat clients with the respect and dignity they deserve. When clients choose us to assist them with their legal needs, we strive to ensure they feel appreciated. As a result, our lawyers make no distinction between clients who need help with extensive real estate deals or those who need advice regarding a child welfare case.
  • Reasonable fees: Our law firm does not believe in collecting expensive legal fees from our clients. We understand that in the current financial climate, paying high-priced legal fees is impossible for our clients. Instead, our law firm focuses on the legal results that we consistently provide to our clients.

What Type of Results Can I Expect If I Choose Your Calgary Lawyers?


If you are involved in any real estate transaction, need help crafting an estate plan, need immigration guidance, need assistance with your personal injury claim, need help navigating business law, or family law including child welfare matter you will need a lawyer who can protect your interests and provide real-time results for any problems that may arise. From start to finish, we can help you with issues that arise throughout your case and prevent them altogether.

JK Law oversees a wide range of cases through multiple disciplines and transactions is fully committed to ensuring you are informed throughout the process of your specific case. Our experienced lawyers have the knowledge it takes to work through challenging problems in various legal areas and can simplify complex situations so you always understand what is ahead of you. At JK Law, our Calgary lawyers focus on the client, not legal fees. For this reason, many individuals return to us time and time again for their legal needs.

Latest Articles & Insights

Why is Your Law Firm the Optimal Choice For My Legal Needs?


JK Law recognizes that many other law firms in the area assist with real estate law, immigration, personal injury, child welfare, business law, and wills and estates. However, not all lawyers have the necessary experience to handle your legal needs. However, our lawyers can handle anything from residential and commercial real estate and business formation to personal injuries and drafting a will and immigration and family law.

Our experience with many aspects of the law makes us a leader in Calgary and the surrounding Alberta area for clients seeking a law firm capable of handling various needs.

Our law firm has been an acclaimed leader inside and outside of Canada when it comes to helping clients with their legal needs, and we would be proud to help you as well. If you want more information about our services, contact our law office by calling 587-742-2136 and ask to schedule a meeting with a qualified legal team member.

For your convenience, our law offices are located 5.4 km from the Calgary Municipal Building, 12.6 km from Nose Hill Park, and 16.7 km from Calgary International Airport.

Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a lawyer when selling or buying real estate property in Calgary?

Some sellers mistakenly believe they do not need a real estate lawyer when selling property in Calgary. However, even though a real estate agent may be able to handle multiple aspects of property deals, they are not legally authorized to finalize transactions. Only a qualified lawyer can finalize all the necessary legal paperwork. Having a lawyer oversee the transaction ensures there will not be any surprises after closing. For this reason, you must hire a knowledgeable real estate lawyer to review the terms and conditions and ensure all legal areas of the transaction have been scrutinized.

Who has the right to contest a will?

Family members and other beneficiaries often feel the need to challenge a will. However, only specific individuals have the legal right to challenge a will. Some of the most common examples include a surviving spouse, a common-law partner who was involved in a relationship with the deceased for at least three years, and the children of the deceased. In addition, individuals who had previously been named a beneficiary or personal representative under previous wills may also be able to contest a will. If you have a question about contesting a will, it is always best to consult an experienced wills lawyer who can answer your questions.

Why should I hire a business lawyer for my start-up company?

Starting a business can be exciting for entrepreneurs pursuing new financial opportunities. However, specific legal aspects must be addressed for a business to be successful. Hiring a business lawyer is essential for several reasons; however, one of the most significant is to ensure that all legal requirements are met. Failure to do so could result in hefty fines that could put you out of business before you can even start. Also, a skilled business lawyer can advise you regarding any tax liabilities you may face and how to be proactive in dealing with them.

How can hiring an immigration lawyer help to speed up the process in Canada?

Hiring a Canadian immigration lawyer can help immigrants to avoid time-consuming and costly delays. For example, one of the most common occurrences that causes a delay is an application filled out incorrectly or missing information. In addition, many applicants fail to meet crucial deadlines or do not provide necessary legal documentation. However, an experienced immigration lawyer can assist applicants with all necessary legal paperwork and ensure it is turned in on time. An immigration lawyer can also ensure all required legal documents are authenticated, speeding up the approval process.

Is estate planning only for the wealthy?

A common misconception is that estate planning is only for the wealthy. However, most individuals can benefit from proper estate planning. Unfortunately, many individuals wait until a problem arises to consider estate planning, at which time it may become more complicated to complete. Instead, an individual should take advantage of estate planning by creating a will, power of attorney, trust, or personal directives that outline their final wishes. If you have questions about estate law and how to protect your heirs after your death, contact an experienced lawyer who can answer your questions and address your legal needs.

Why is hiring a real estate law firm to handle property transactions best?

Although most lawyers may have some experience negotiating contracts and assessing the legal liabilities involved in real estate transactions, many lack the skills needed to help their clients have a definite advantage. When individuals choose a lawyer who lacks real estate experience, they risk losing money and not having a guarantee that their investment will be protected. Keeping this in mind, individuals considering selling or purchasing real estate should only hire an experienced lawyer with the knowledge it takes to help their client come out ahead.

When should I consider hiring a child welfare lawyer?

Child Protective Services is legally obligated to investigate child abuse or neglect cases. In these instances, many parents or guardians feel overwhelmed and unsure where they can turn for help. However, the best advice any parent can take is to hire a child welfare lawyer immediately to help them understand their legal rights and what will happen during an investigation. Many parents are still determining what will happen next and what legal options may be available. However, a child welfare lawyer can act as your legal ally and help ensure that any actions that take place are in the child’s best interests

How long do most personal injury cases take to be settled?

One of the most common questions personal injury victims ask is how long their case will be settled. There is no definitive answer to how long it may take to settle a claim. The length of time it takes to be settled depends on various factors, including the severity of the victim’s injuries, the willingness of the insurance company to settle the case, and any other facts that may be pertinent to the case. However, one of the best steps any personal injury victim can take to protect themselves is to hire an experienced lawyer who can fight to help them receive the compensation they deserve.